Feedback to Kingsoft Office/WPS Office for Linux.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
I made the case at Ubuntu Forum, but I thought it couldn't hurt to post here too.

A full-fledged and customizable auto-correct feature is essential. No serious writer can do without it. Rather than having to dig up a special character each and every time one needs it, auto-correct streamlines the process. In translating, it's also useful to "auto-correct" key phrases or words.

My other hope would be that any auto-correct feature would allow for wild-cards. This means that a special character that is not discrete (no separate from other text) will still be corrected/inserted.

Thanks!
I have seen you post at ubuntuforum.org. ^_^
I can not reply you now, I will reply on workday.
Perhaps I got it wrong.
Does you meaning auto spell check, or auto correct?
What is you need?
Automatically correct the words you spell error?
Or Automatically change content to other format? (for example: --- -> horizontally line)
Or other?
Maybe an interface between Kingsoft WPS and popular spell checkers is needed, am I right?
We have spell check support now.
Chizhong Jin wrote: We have spell check support now.

It is my bad.

Auto-Correct is a function that automatically finds some special characters, and then replaces them with other characters. For instance, when I type "1st", the editor will automatically replace the "1st" with "first".
Feng Xie wrote:
Chizhong Jin wrote: We have spell check support now.

It is my bad.

Auto-Correct is a function that automatically finds some special characters, and then replaces them with other characters. For instance, when I type "1st", the editor will automatically replace the "1st" with "first".

Yes, we have this function.
But, it isn't powerful, now. You can find options in "file menu -> Options -> Edit"
Perhaps, we could enhance it.
Just checked in and tried out the latest WPS.

wps-office_10.1.0.5672~a21_amd64

Still no "Smart Text"/"Auto-Correct". Feng Xie correctly describes what I'm looking for:

posting.php?mode=reply&f=4&t=15&sid=572afa7f7692533d33423813a9722067#pr85

A full fledged and mature version would allow me to define my own auto-correct options, as in LibreOffice, WordPerfect, and Softmaker Office (and Word unless I'm mistaken).

For instance, I'd like to auto-correct all occurrences of '---' to an em-dash '―'. This requires the additional ability to define wild-cards so that if this---occurs between two words, auto-correct will correct to this―occurs.

Thanks.
9 posts Page 1 of 1