Translate KSO/WPS, Discussions on community building, and more...
80 posts Page 1 of 8
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8 Next
dear all
as the picture shows:
wps does support complex text(eg, arabic, thailand), although it has many bugs, but we will fix it ASAP and plan to release in a13 or a14.
name78.jpg
nice... :lol:
awesome
using ICU or Pango?
Alexander Sun wrote: using ICU or Pango?

pango, the size of icu is so hurge.
if you have any suggestion, please contact us.
thanks a lot.
ken i wrote:

thanks a lot.

when WPS port to Mac, how to support complex text layout? using Apple Type Services For Unicode Imaging?
Hmm...ICU is not so huge, i think...
It seems that you plan to write a wrapper class for uniscribe on windows, a wrapper class for pango on *nix, a wrapper class for ATSUI on Mac? Or use it directly without wrap?
Alexander Sun wrote:
ken i wrote:

thanks a lot.

when WPS port to Mac, how to support complex text layout? using Apple Type Services For Unicode Imaging?
It seems that you plan to write a wrapper class for uniscribe on windows, a wrapper class for pango on *nix, a wrapper class for ATSUI on Mac? Or use it directly without wrap?

hi Alexander,
Pango layout engine can be used with different font backends. linux(harfbuzz), windows(uniscribe), mac(coreText).
so, i don't need a wrapper class for it. but pango is not fully meet my requirements.
eg: some functions do not exist in pango, but exsting in uniscribe.
1. scriptIsComplex(uniscribe function) :
now, i write a function: check every char, if there is a char meet this expression(char->unicode()>=0x590), it returns true.
2. scriptGetFontProperties(uniscribe function) :
i don't konw how to get the properties of specified font(eg: blank, default, invalid, kashida).
3. ScriptGetProperties(uniscribe function) :
i don't know how to get SCRIPT_PROPERTIES of specified script(this structure contains many information about every script).
and pango's manual is incomplete.
do you konw the definition of cluster?
in uniscribe, the value of cluster indicate the index of glyph, so the number of cluster and unicode char are same.
but in pango, the value of cluster indicate the index of char. so the number of cluster and glyph are same.
is it right? or i got wrong?

do you have any suggestion?
thanks very much!!!
ken i wrote:
Alexander Sun wrote: when WPS port to Mac, how to support complex text layout? using Apple Type Services For Unicode Imaging?

hi Alexander,
Pango layout engine can be used with different font backends. linux(harfbuzz), windows(uniscribe), mac(coreText).
so, i don't need a wrapper class for it. but pango is not fully meet my requirements.
now, i write a function: check every char, if there is a char meet this expression(char->unicode()>=0x590), it returns true.
i don't konw how to get the properties of specified font(eg: blank, default, invalid, kashida).
i don't know how to get SCRIPT_PROPERTIES of specified script(this structure contains many information about every script).
in uniscribe, the value of cluster indicate the index of glyph, so the number of cluster and unicode char are same.
but in pango, the value of cluster indicate the index of char. so the number of cluster and glyph are same.

thanks very much!!!

I don't familiar with it. No offens, But I think try to map the function from uniscribe to pango is the wrong way. Other softwares such as LO and OOo were work fine without these three functions. If WPS decide to use Pango on all platform, I sinserelly suggest that to redesign the complex script support.
i am very happy

arabic language support

very thank you
Alexander Sun wrote:
ken i wrote:
Alexander Sun wrote: when WPS port to Mac, how to support complex text layout? using Apple Type Services For Unicode Imaging?

hi Alexander,

thanks very much!!!

I don't familiar with it. No offens, But I think try to map the function from uniscribe to pango is the wrong way. Other softwares such as LO and OOo were work fine without these three functions. If WPS decide to use Pango on all platform, I sinserelly suggest that to redesign the complex script support.

ok, i see.
LO and OO have desinged a wrapper class which call uniscribe on windows and icu on linux.
first, i plan to design a wrapper class with harfbuzz backend(like QT), but there are too much work to do. i have not enough time. but i will implement these functions by other way.
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8 Next
80 posts Page 1 of 8