Official Announcements
28 posts Page 2 of 3
Can we have a proper PPA for WPS Office? The way it is working now, downloading and installing DEB files (I'm using Xubuntu but it could be any Debian based distro) is not optimal. It's a dirty way of having this excellent software. Every time there is an update here we go into apt-get purge wps so we can update with the new DEB file. This is far from a good update flow and also far from growing a steady Linux user base. If Windows 10 goes into subscription business model then many people won't have the money to stay on Windows. So I see further opportunities to the increase of Linux distributions usage as substitutes for the newly expensive Windows. Consider this: it took me 2 years, since 2013 until now, to complete the move from Windows to Linux. I chose Freedom instead of having to pay for a virus plagued, frustrating system that needs lots of RAM and doesn't forgive you having a slightly older system. It's not designed for more than a third of Mankind, that struggles with Poverty and low salaries, low income Life and this Life is not on the minds of Microsoft or Apple executives. Nobody cares about the Poor except for the many Free Linux Distributions. Let's give them a proper PPA so they can use one of the best Office Software Suites. And WPS Office is free. Free for students and workers of the Third World. I don't know why they call it the third world since Raw Talent has no world, it just shines through!
install" and removes the other dependencies and goes on..

I installed the 32 bit version on Lubuntu 14.04.2 32 bit and the 64 bit version on Lubuntu 14.04.02 64 bit.
The program works well, but the only problem I found that on the start menu under the Office group WPS Office (writer, spreadsheet and Presentation) is gone. Luckily before I made desktop Icons and those were still working.
This happens on both the 32 bit and the 64 bit versions
Roger Peartree wrote: Can we have a proper PPA for WPS Office? The way it is working now, downloading and installing DEB files (I'm using Xubuntu but it could be any Debian based distro) is not optimal. It's a dirty way of having this excellent software. Every time there is an update here we go into apt-get purge wps so we can update with the new DEB file. This is far from a good update flow and also far from growing a steady Linux user base. If Windows 10 goes into subscription business model then many people won't have the money to stay on Windows. So I see further opportunities to the increase of Linux distributions usage as substitutes for the newly expensive Windows. Consider this: it took me 2 years, since 2013 until now, to complete the move from Windows to Linux. I chose Freedom instead of having to pay for a virus plagued, frustrating system that needs lots of RAM and doesn't forgive you having a slightly older system. It's not designed for more than a third of Mankind, that struggles with Poverty and low salaries, low income Life and this Life is not on the minds of Microsoft or Apple executives. Nobody cares about the Poor except for the many Free Linux Distributions. Let's give them a proper PPA so they can use one of the best Office Software Suites. And WPS Office is free. Free for students and workers of the Third World. I don't know why they call it the third world since Raw Talent has no world, it just shines through!

Absolutely agree with you. I had a hell of a job for a simple update. Eventually, I had to completely remove everything, in order to install the new version. A simple PPA with the latest updates would make an enormous difference.
The latest version 18 does not install correctly in Ubuntu and related distros. The menu icons do not show up in the office folder of the main menus. Previous versions did not have this problem so something changed in version 18 on both the 32bit and 64 bit versions.
It was a reference to Clothing Manufacturers the aggressive servant rebel more than 200 years ago in which Haiti cast off northeastern French rule, providing way to a glory age that has been hidden by more latest bouts of governmental anxiety, hardship, uncertainty and organic disaster.
I downloaded this file wps-office_9.1.0.4961~a18p1_amd64.deb and tried to run which ended in an error. When I went into the properties of this file it showed that it only contained 77 bytes. Is there another link for this file?
Hello all,

If I understood well this is the topic for issues concerning the installation of WPS office ?

I just tried to install it on Kubuntu 14.04.1 by downloading the 64 bits package :
wps-office_9.1.0.4961~a18p1_amd64.deb
and used dpkg to install it but the installation did not work properly (I then try to remove it with apt-get remove wps and it said dpkg was ineterrupted :

$ sudo dpkg -i wps-office_9.1.0.4961~a18p1_amd64.deb
(Reading database ... 138644 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack wps-office_9.1.0.4961~a18p1_amd64.deb ...
Unpacking wps-office (9.1.0.4961~a18p1) over (9.1.0.4961~a18p1) ...
Setting up wps-office (9.1.0.4961~a18p1) ...
Processing triggers for desktop-file-utils (0.22-1ubuntu1) ...
Processing triggers for mime-support (3.54ubuntu1.1) ...
Processing triggers for shared-mime-info (1.2-0ubuntu3) ...
Unknown media type in type 'all/all'
Unknown media type in type 'all/allfiles'
Unknown media type in type 'uri/mms'
Unknown media type in type 'uri/mmst'
Unknown media type in type 'uri/mmsu'
Unknown media type in type 'uri/pnm'
Unknown media type in type 'uri/rtspt'
Unknown media type in type 'uri/rtspu'
Processing triggers for hicolor-icon-theme (0.13-1) ...

Right now if I look for WPS all I have is "Run WPS" that opens the Writer. No Spreadsheet neither Presentation like I had on Ubuntu... Did somebody experienced that ? Is the 64bits package unstable and I should use 32 bits ?
There are abounding affirmation why the Angel Cup will tend to be success this time in South Africa. South African seashores put exhausted adobe chargeless waters, fair shores and beforehand nets. South Africa is accounted for its amazing wines. A cruise to South Africa is not able baldheaded of chipping in the afflicted affluence collections. http://www.vipfifa16.com They adeptness not be the best accession in the angel according to the official baronial system, but there is no agnosticism that if it comes to fan afterwards and media coverage, the English angel football accession is added to none.
28 posts Page 2 of 3