Official Announcements
41 posts Page 3 of 5
Don't know where to post this, but Patch3 gives me troubles. I'm using Ubuntu Gnome 13.10, which is great, but for some reason WPS keeps crashing on me. I write a few sentences and then it just stops responding. I love WPS, but this is a BIG problem for me, since it's unusable.

I wanna know, how can I debug the thing? If I could find out what's causing it, that would be great :) But how do I do that?
Try launching it from the terminal:
Code: Select all
wps

And maybe you will be able to see some errors in the terminal after it crashes.
it won't let me install it. the ubuntu software center keeps saying: "i can't find the archive for this program."
^Install GDebi from the Ubuntu Software Centre (USC) if it isn't already installed. Then right click on the downloaded kingsoft deb file and click install (or open) with GDebi. When GDebi opens click install package. It might take a few minutes but let it do its thing.

When it's complete I think GDebi will then say remove package instead of install package (similar to the USC). Sorry, I'm doing this from memory so it might be a little different.

I find the USC often isn't able to install deb files so then I use GDebi which usually works. Let us know if you are able to install Kingsoft.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GDebi
I created torrents for each archive (Alpha 12, Patch 13) and as the web admin of Linux Mint Romania I uploaded them on our site:
[DEB] kingsoft-office_9.1.0.4244~a12p3_i386.deb.torrent
[RPM] kingsoft-office-9.1.0.4244-0.1.a12p3.i686.rpm.torrent
[XZ] kingsoft-office_9.1.0.4244~a12p3_x86.tar.xz.torrent
[ALL] kingsoft-office_9.1.0.4244~a12p3.all.torrent (this includes all 3 archives)

Happy sharing! :)
Nicolae Crefelean wrote: I created torrents for each archive (Alpha 12, Patch 13) and as the web admin of Linux Mint Romania I uploaded them on our site:
[ALL] kingsoft-office_9.1.0.4244~a12p3.all.torrent (this includes all 3 archives)

Many thanks for your help!
Dat Neenja wrote: it won't let me install it. the ubuntu software center keeps saying: "i can't find the archive for this program."

Which system? I have been able to install it on xubuntu 13.04 32-bits and ubuntu 13.04 64 bits. Both through ubuntu software center.

Nicolae Crefelean wrote: I created torrents for each archive (Alpha 12, Patch 13) and as the web admin of Linux Mint Romania I uploaded them on our site:

No peers find on my machine yet. But I'll let it be so that it starts to download (and to share) as soon as possible.
I added two more peers on 2 servers I own, so now it should be better. I hope more will seed these files.
Yes, I already downloaded them and I'm seeding. But anyone is going to download the torrent while the torrents are not in http://wps-community.org/download.html. Developers put a link there, please! ;)
Akronix wrote: Try launching it from the terminal:
Code: Select all
wps

And maybe you will be able to see some errors in the terminal after it crashes.

Ok, tried this :)

I get the following errors before the whole thing hangs:
The first one:
wine: cannot find L"C:\\windows\\system32\\winemenubuilder.exe"
err:wineboot:ProcessRunKeys Error running cmd L"C:\\windows\\system32\\winemenubuilder.exe -a -r" (2)

The second one:
error: empty dic file
Hash Manager Error : 2
41 posts Page 3 of 5