Official Announcements
31 posts Page 2 of 4
Kanwar Plaha wrote: Hi,
Just want to point out that if you're installing WPS on 64-bit *buntu, then the following libraries must be manually installed:
libglib2.0-0:i386
libpng12-0:i386
libXrender1:i386
libfontconfig1:i386
libsm6:i386

Hi Devs, can this be added automatically to the DEB package dependencies?

Thanks.

OK, no problem~
Chizhong Jin wrote:
arhsa wrote: Several times ago, I downloaded Kingsoft Office for Windows and I was surprised that there's an Office suite similar to MS. Office in all features. That time (more than a year i think) I was imagine if only Kingsoft Office for Linux (.deb or .rpm) is available...

Now, my dream come true. I really happy. Now, I use it for creating my computer tutorials, copying and pasting important news from internet, writing articles and much more.

This short review in my blog. Alpha11 patch3 , in Indonesian Language.
http://arhsa.wordpress.com/2013/08/19/a ... rsi-linux/

One of my need is Arabic Language support. I found it on Alpha 12, but there's some bug, arabic letter not connected each other. I haven't try Alpha 12 Patch1 yet, still downloading.

Thanks for all developers.
God bless you all.
And thanks for Karim for Arabic support.

Hi friend, we are trying to support in A13 or A14 experimentally.

^_^
Jin

thanks Jin
I'll be waiting
Just want to point out that if you're installing WPS on 64-bit *buntu, then the following libraries must be manually installed:

Thanks.

All these libraries are installed by default in 64bit Ubuntu 13.10
I've just installed Kingsoft Office on my 64-bit Ubuntu 13.10 machine (I hate Open/LibreOffice, and have been searching for an MS Office equivalent for Linux for a long time). The application seems to be working fine (though I've only just started using it), but the installation was a bit of a nightmare. I mean it was simple enough - I just started the deb installer, all the dependencies were OK, but once the installation process started, there was no end to it. The disk was going wild and the system became totally unresponsive for half an hour. No key combinations would stop the installer, or the system itself, so I had to do a hard reset! After a reboot Synpatic warned me to fix a problem with
Code: Select all
dpkg --configure -a
and exited. Fortunately, the command did its job and - strangely enough - I was able to start the office suite after such a rough treatment. I hope others don't have to go through this, and I hope this will not happen in the future.
Anyway, I'm really glad I've managed to install and run an alternative to Open Office on Linux, I've tried lots of other suites but have always failed - either at installation, or at launching (impossible to fix dependencies, etc.). I'll definitely report my impressions with this suite, I'm looking forward to trying it out. 8-)
Pawel wrote: I've just installed Kingsoft Office on my 64-bit Ubuntu 13.10 machine (I hate Open/LibreOffice, and have been searching for an MS Office equivalent for Linux for a long time). The application seems to be working fine (though I've only just started using it), but the installation was a bit of a nightmare. I mean it was simple enough - I just started the deb installer, all the dependencies were OK, but once the installation process started, there was no end to it. The disk was going wild and the system became totally unresponsive for half an hour. No key combinations would stop the installer, or the system itself, so I had to do a hard reset! After a reboot Synpatic warned me to fix a problem with
Code: Select all
dpkg --configure -a
and exited. Fortunately, the command did its job and - strangely enough - I was able to start the office suite after such a rough treatment. I hope others don't have to go through this, and I hope this will not happen in the future.
Anyway, I'm really glad I've managed to install and run an alternative to Open Office on Linux, I've tried lots of other suites but have always failed - either at installation, or at launching (impossible to fix dependencies, etc.). I'll definitely report my impressions with this suite, I'm looking forward to trying it out. 8-)

:D Perhaps, we have fix it in A12p2.
Some people have mentioned the ugly display of fonts in WPS Office. The text is definitely uglier than e.g. LibreOffice, even with anti-aliasing on. I can see this is not fixed in the current version. I wonder, is anyone working on this?
Pawel wrote: Some people have mentioned the ugly display of fonts in WPS Office. The text is definitely uglier than e.g. LibreOffice, even with anti-aliasing on. I can see this is not fixed in the current version. I wonder, is anyone working on this?

Yes, we are working on this.
But, your report is too later. We need time to ensure and reproduce and fix.
Your report is ensuring now.

:)
Jin
Chizhong Jin wrote:
Pawel wrote: Some people have mentioned the ugly display of fonts in WPS Office. The text is definitely uglier than e.g. LibreOffice, even with anti-aliasing on. I can see this is not fixed in the current version. I wonder, is anyone working on this?

Yes, we are working on this.
But, your report is too later. We need time to ensure and reproduce and fix.
Your report is ensuring now.

:)
Jin

OK, I understand. Thanks!

Thanks.

We had add those to our dependencies. Thanks for your help! :D
Hello developers,

I have installed A12 yesterday and it is so good in UI. I wanna say thank you so much for this great software, Kingsoft Office. It helps me finish all my homeworks in Microsoft Office. I wonder of Kingsoft Office compatibility with DOC and friends, better than Libreoffice. And wonder how same all of the menu with Microsoft Office, functionally and graphically. Do you know? Indonesia Linux users are very pleased to use Kingsoft Office! You can see how many people recommend it on every Linux group in Indonesia (hundreds of groups in here). Very glad to know and to use it. Thank you so much, Developer. Thank you from Indonesia.

PS: ahrsa above is my dear brother from Indonesia.
31 posts Page 2 of 4