Official Announcements
11 posts Page 1 of 2
At this version, we improve the spell checker and support the input method pre-edit mode. For the detail you can see the release note.

What's new:

Added: A user-friendly way to install dictionaries for spell checker.(We put the dicts at http://wps-community.org/download/dicts/ )
Added: Pre-edit support. (Enhanced Korean and Japanese input support)
Fixed: Cannot use native Open/Save Dialog in Mate desktop environment.
Fixed: Cannot save to cifs file system.
Fixed: Cannot show user custom splash when using a custom skin.
Fixed: Cannot add new words to custom dictionary.
Fixed: Cannot use mouse wheel when using the shortcut to the main menu.
Fixed: Some hyperlinks invalid in Kingsoft Presentation.
Fixed: Cannot use European symbols in Kingsoft Spreadsheets.
Fixed: Print page number error in Kingsoft Spreadsheets.
Fixed: Cannot open "Options Dialog" when there is no active document in Kingsoft Spreadsheets.
Fixed: Cannot group and un-group multiple times in Kingsoft Spreadsheets.

http://wps-community.org/download.html
While installing on ubuntu, I get missing libgthread-2.0.so.0 error. Cannot find the lib in the repositories. Using 13.10 alpha2.
Got it working .... had to install the following, besides the auto-dependencies:

libglib2.0-0:i386
libpng12-0:i386
libsm6:i386
libxrender1:i386
libfontconfig1:i386

For ubuntu users, this could be added to the FAQ.
Kanwar Plaha wrote: Got it working .... had to install the following, besides the auto-dependencies:

libglib2.0-0:i386
libpng12-0:i386
libsm6:i386
libxrender1:i386
libfontconfig1:i386

For ubuntu users, this could be added to the FAQ.

Good job!
DOWNLOADING, want to know the addition from the last A10.
:roll: :roll: :D :D
abuyamizan wrote: DOWNLOADING, want to know the addition from the last A10.
:roll: :roll: :D :D

The rlease note I wrote in this topic is the diff from A11P2.
A11P3 is a patch version of A11 and A11 has 3 patch version. Maybe you can get the addition form A10 in the download page, A11 series have many updates.
This is a great product for Linux! Certainly, I would be willing to pay for the product when it is completed. I do want to mention a bug that I noticed. It seems that when selecting page scaling within the printing dialog, it does not scale the page once printed.

Also, I am a bit confused as how to handle the noted WIngdings font error. Since this font is not freely available, it is unlikely that linux users will have it installed on their system. Is there a free alternative to this font that Kingosft could utilize when the Wingdings font is not installed? Although linux users can pay Microsoft for this font, I suspect that most linux users do not want to give Microsoft any money. In contrast, many linux users would be happy to pay for a top quality office suite such as Kingsoft.
Mark Shaver wrote: This is a great product for Linux! Certainly, I would be willing to pay for the product when it is completed. I do want to mention a bug that I noticed. It seems that when selecting page scaling within the printing dialog, it does not scale the page once printed.

Also, I am a bit confused as how to handle the noted WIngdings font error. Since this font is not freely available, it is unlikely that linux users will have it installed on their system. Is there a free alternative to this font that Kingosft could utilize when the Wingdings font is not installed? Although linux users can pay Microsoft for this font, I suspect that most linux users do not want to give Microsoft any money. In contrast, many linux users would be happy to pay for a top quality office suite such as Kingsoft.

Hi Mark Shaver,
> It seems that when selecting page scaling within the printing dialog, it does not scale the page once printed.
About this, I have use a file to test it , and I can get the scale result. Could you told me which printer you used and provide a screenshot of the printer dialog / printer property dialog.

test zoom.wps
source file
(62 KiB) Downloaded 667 times

059.png
print

2013-08-30 09.03.02.jpg
result

> Is there a free alternative to this font that Kingosft could utilize when the Wingdings font is not installed?
About this one you can refer this http://wps-community.org/faq.html#c067eeaa
As I know, there is not a free Wingdings font.
Alpha Academic Writing Services provides you the best in class, plagiarism free and value for money Academic Writing at your convenient time from experts.http://www.alphaacademicwritingservices.com/
We are here to bring best of the deals, offers, coupons and Promo Codes for our visitors looking for savings from different online shopping websites which provide multiple types of product & services.Find great offers and latest deals for online shopping portals at PromoOcodes.com and save extra money while shopping
11 posts Page 1 of 2