Report bug here. We will fix it as soon as possible.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Really like the speed of Kingsoft. Have noticed a problem though.

Kingsoft writer seems to mess up the kerning when printing.

When I print the same document with WORD 2010 (running with WINE), LibreOffice 4.2 and Calligra Words all show appropriate font rendering and printing.

In Kingsoft Writer, printing these documents results in unprofessional looking copies (i.e. uneven spacing between letters in words).

Current version: 9.1.0.4244

System: Linux Mint Petra
JLEE wrote: Really like the speed of Kingsoft. Have noticed a problem though.

Kingsoft writer seems to mess up the kerning when printing.

When I print the same document with WORD 2010 (running with WINE), LibreOffice 4.2 and Calligra Words all show appropriate font rendering and printing.

In Kingsoft Writer, printing these documents results in unprofessional looking copies (i.e. uneven spacing between letters in words).

Current version: 9.1.0.4244

System: Linux Mint Petra

Could you provide the test file to reproduce this problem.
Hello - this is one of the documents that does this...

Attachments

I continue to experience this issue with uneven spacing between characters. It seems to happen on most documents and is independent of the font used.
I have recently switched to Manjaro 0.8.9 from Mint - The problem persists independent of disto OS.
I, too, am experiencing the exact same problem. When I open the document in LibreOffice, it prints fine; it also prints fine if I export it as a PDF and print it using my PDF application. I've tried printing it from WPS to both an HP laser printer and an HP inkjet printer, and the kerning is off when printing to both devices. Has anyone found a solution that does not involve exporting to PDF or printing in LibreOffice? It's ridiculous that one can print a document from WPS only in a competing product. I am running the latest Alpha in Ubuntu 14.04. There are two old threads in which users have reported this issue, yet it remains unresolved. Is no one on the development team interested in fixing this? WPS is a great office suite that is severely handicapped by this problem!
I have the same problem with Writer too. Kerning messed up in all the print out.
I am using verion 9.1.0.4961 on Ubuntu 14.04.
I wonder if there is a fix for it please.
I just updated to the very latest version, and there's STILL an issue with kerning. Why hasn't this been fixed after all these years?!!
Yes, I encountered the same problem.
9 posts Page 1 of 1